Sunday, December 5, 2010

Miss Lila Kate's Blessing
















We blessed Lila on the 14th of Nov. We were so grateful for all those who traveled to Las Vegas to come and support Lila on her blessing day. It was so fun to have family and friends to share her day with. My mom made the blessing dress and it was so pretty she did and wonderful job. Lila looked so beautiful in her dress. My mom and sister were here and it took all 3 of us to get her dressed. It was so neat to share this special experience with the two women I admire so much. After she was dressed and feed we hurried to the church for the blessing we where running late so we were the last in our family to arrive. We hurried in and sat down with a sigh and Lila has a blow out!!!! I mean this was the worst one I think I have ever witnessed. It was soaking the entire back of her dress so fast there was nothing I could do. They announce the blessing I am scrabbling for a diaper and I have nothing! No diaper, no wipes! I am telling Ben as soft as I can without drawing to much attention to all of this to ask a friend for a diaper! She hands it over and I preformed the fast diaper change I could. I wrapped her in her blanket and handed her off. Ben did a beautiful job but all I could think about was the dress the beautiful dress. I wanted her to have her moment where Ben held her up and everyone saw her. Luckily my dear friend was so sweet and she wrote the blessing down. When I read it I cried Ben did such a good job I was so proud of him it was the sweetest blessing I think I have heard. We are so blessed to have her in our family she brings such joy. We can not get enough hugs and kisses in.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

It's so fun to see you guys with a little girl. What a cutie! That dress is amazing!

Jake and Haylee Ashworth said...

Oh my heck! Look at those cheeks. She is so stinkin cute I can't wait to see her.

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

What a gorgeous dress! Your mom did such a great job! And Lila is adorable! Congratulations on such a pretty little princess!

Chelsey said...

That sure sounds like a funny blessing story. You must be a pro diaper changer, because I don't think I could have done all that on a church pew with a complete blowout. Her dress really is beautiful. Your mom did a great job.

Robyn said...

okay, you need to get your blog on because i just want to know, when did mason turn into a full grown kid? i miss you guys so much! we all do! i love baby lila (garrity) and can't wait to see her someday!

Alan said...

We loved being with you on that special day.

Dad

Jocelyn Stevens said...

didn't know you had a blog...yea! Lila is such a doll. Can we get together this summer?