Thursday, April 29, 2010

911 What is your Emergency?!


After telling my friend Kelly the story she said, "you really need to blog about that"! For any of you who no Mason he has no inhibitions, REALLY! I had left Ben home with Mason and Cooper so I could go help out at Cub Scout Day Camp. This is not unusual for me to leave him with the kids. He is very good with them and is a great dad! But, this particular night he had some excitement. Ben, put the kids down at the usual time 7 and decided he need to take a shower because of a hair cut he had received earlier in the day. Afterward he went downstairs to find a message on his phone from the neighbor(who lives 4 houses down from us) asking if he could come help fish his trampoline out of the neighbors pool. He called him back and told him that he would come right down. He proceeded to text me and let me know if I came home that is where he would be. This was at 7:30 p.m. He came home 10 minutes later at 7:40 and this is what happened. Ben walks in the door to find Mason on the phone

B;Mas, what are you doing up? Who are you talking to?
M:Crying, Dad I thought you were lost so I called 911!
B:Mason please give me the phone (thinking he was talking to me)!
B:Hello,
O:Your son said you were not home and he couldn't find you.
B:Sorry, operator I ran down to the neighbors house to help him get his trampoline out of the neighbors pool. I was only gone for 10 minutes.
O:Well there are two police cruisers on there way to your house. I will let them know you are home but, they will still stop by to make sure everything is okay.
B:Okay, thank you.

By this time Ben is mortified. The door bell rings with in a few minutes and the officer asks if everything is okay, Ben assures him all is well and told him what had happened. The officer leaves him with a bit of advice, "I am not trying to tell you how to parent but, if you are going to leave the house you really need to wake your kids up and let them know where you are going!" Ben lets the office know this will never happen again! Advice taken!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks Miran!!! I loved reading this again, it made me laugh as hard as it did yesterday! I love Mason! You'll be glad you have this documented when he's older and you are calling 911 on him wondering where he is! :)

Jake and Haylee Ashworth said...

Oh my heck, that is so funny! I love that boy so much.

Amanda said...

Haha, that's hilarious. I would be mortified too! It's also funny that a trampoline had fallen into another neighbors pool. What in the world is going on over there?!

Marsha said...

That was definitely a story to blog about! More exciting than anything I've written, I can't believe that happened! Mortifying at the time but definitely something to laugh about and tell again and again. :)

Robyn said...

who the heck has kids that old who are asleep at 7 o'clock? Next time just tell Ben to leave the phone off the hook!

Chelsey said...

That is really funny, but really...would you really wake you kids up just to tell them you are running next door for 10 minutes? I wouldn't! Tell Ben to unplug the phone next time...haha!